Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring Break 2012; Day UNO!


Our view from our balcony
After only four hours of sleep, and a long car ride from Chapel Hill to Destin, we finally made it.

It was a little after five, so it was definitely dinner time! The restaurant tried to talk us into a very expensive lobster meal, but I opted for a not so good pulled pork sandwich. Luckily, I sampled other food from our table, and the shrimp Alfredo along with the lobster was actually quite tasty. 
We decided it was too late to head to the beach, so we did a little exploring instead. We glance through most of the shops along the harbor walks, the ones I'm sure we'll be in many more times before we leave, and we spotted out potential buys.
Of course, I already made  purchase. 
As I was walking past the shop, I caught a glance of some interesting looking bags covering part of a wall.

They were Kavu bags.
It was fate.

You see, months ago, I was was quite fond of the Kavu Rope Bag. However, I like to over think things, and in the end I decided not to buy it. Then, a few weeks ago, I decided I definitely wanted one. Especially before we went on our Destin trip! My indecisiveness kicked in though, and due to stress of choosing, I never picked one. I needed to see them in person!
Well, I did. I'll be honest- I freaked out a little out of excitement. Needless to day, as soon as I made my final decision, I made sure to buy it before the store closed.
I'm sure you'll be seeing it in pictures!

After  my Kavu experience, I enjoyed excellent cake batter ice cream in a waffle cone, and went to the pool.
The pool wasn't the warmest, so we spent most of our time in the hot tub.
Pretty nice ending to our first day, eh?

Oh, and a boy tried to get my phone number.
*Points* "I want you."
Ha!
Sorry, bud. :)


No comments: